Thursday, February 24, 2011

Through the fire.

There comes a point in time when everyone faces a certain storm in their life - certain trials. You could be at a season in life where your character, attitude, your beliefs, your faith could be tested. Or you could be at a point where you're enjoying the fruits of your labour.

Regardless of wherever you are or where you stand, or what season you're in, there will come a time where you would be tested.

But here's a post to those who are being tested, to those who's hearts are heavy, to those who feel burdened by their thoughts and emotions, to those who feel like just running away. You're not alone. You're not alone.

Right now we might feel like running away would be the right decision but the truth is its not. Now would be a perfect time to run TOWARD God and not away from Him. If you would read Matthew 11:28-30, He says "Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden,  and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

I know it feels like your going through the fire. But think of yourself as a sword and God the blacksmith. You and I, are dull pieces of steel being made into something. And there's no other way to be made sharp and strong, other than through the fire - other than enduring that hammer.

You see, there is no doubt that we would face trials and/or tribulations. Its a given fact. The real question here, is who do you run to? Where do you run to? In whom do you find comfort in?

You have to understand that we serve a big and mighty God. John 16:33 reads, "These things I say unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In this world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

God is bigger than what we feel. He is bigger than where we're at.  He is bigger than your brokeness, than your pain, than your grief, than your sorrow, than your guilt, than your emotions, bigger than ANYTHING your going through. TAKE HEART! For He has overcome this world.

Would you choose to run away? or choose to run towards Him? I've made my decision. I'm running TO Him. What about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger